Healthy Smiles Premier Dental
ardena is reported to host the best dentists in Los Angeles; among the best renown dental clinics here in Gardena is Healthy Smiles Premier Dental.
With the dire need to improve teeth appearance, we brought the clinic near you.
We are here to restore that smile and improve your teeth appearance through crowning and bridging. We also serve other cities in the area, including Lawndale, Carson, Hawthorne, Redondo Beach, Torrance, and West Rancho Dominguez.
Best Candidature for Crowns and Bridges
Crowns are dental caps that are placed on the tooth or dental implant whereas bridges are fixed dental prosthesis used as a replacement for one or more missing teeth; bridging is done by joining artificial tooth adjacently to the dental implants or teeth.
However, not all individuals are the best suit for crowns and bridges.
An individual becomes the perfect candidate if he/she has the following dental problems:
- Weak teeth.
- Severely worn down or broken teeth.
- Intense discolouration of the teeth.
- Misshaped teeth.
- The difficulty of speech.
Four types of dental crowns are:
- Ceramics crowns are made by porcelain materials and are used to restore the front teeth; they easily blend with your natural teeth colour.
- Crowns that have an alloy of gold- These are a mixture of copper and other metals that are used to provide a strong bonding to your teeth.
- Porcelain fused to metal crowns are known for their durability and tend to provide a strong bond to your teeth.
- Crowns that have a metal base alloy which resists corrosion.
Four types of Bridges are:
- Traditional bridges- These are pontics (fake teeth) that are held by abutments- used when you have natural teeth on both sides of the gap created by missing tooth- which is cemented onto the teeth adjacent to the missing teeth.
- Cantilever bridges are similar to the traditional bridges, but the pontics are supported by dental crowns only on one side.
- Maryland bridges- These bridges consist of a pontic being held by porcelains.
- Implant supported bridges. These bridges are applicable when you have various teeth missing where one implant is placed for every missing tooth, thus, holding the bridge firmly in place
Charges for Crowns and Bridges at Healthy Smiles Premier Dental
Some aspects such as materials to be used, the number of teeth to undergo crowning, type of bridges, dentist’s expertise and location tend to affect the costs of crowns and bridges. Typically, here at healthy smiles premier dental we charge an average of $1,200 to $5,000 for each tooth for bridges and $800 to $3,500 per tooth for crowns.
Benefits of Crowns and Bridges
- Restoration of the teeth structure.
- Smile improvement.
- Chewing correctly and speech improvement.
- Teeth appearance improves.
Drawbacks of Crowns and Bridges
- Bridges failure. In case you feel that the bridges are becoming loose, pay us a visit at healthy smiles premier dental to fix the bridge before it becomes a severe dental threat.